Last October I wrote about my dear friend, Tracie. I found her. After a visit to her in the hospital in November and another visit by her to my home in December, I found her. I found her in a casket, at her parents Ward house. She died from an overdose. Her fragile, broken down heart couldn't take "one more time, one more high, one more feeling of freedom." She was 28. She was a beautiful person. She was someone I loved with all of my heart. She was someone who taught me to "keep going" inspite of all things difficult and hard and sorrowful.
I would have given all of my earthly possessions to Tracie. My Park City home. My Mazda Speed. My Tahoe. Even my bike. If that is what it took to cure Tracie from her addiction. In return for these things I would have taken Tracie's addiction and all of the heartache and sorrow that addiction caused. I would have taken all of her pain. All of her sin. All of the bad things and just left her with the good things - her three brothers, her wonderful mom and dad, and her daughter, Riley. I would of. I really would of, if she had asked. She died just when I thought she was through the worst of things. The sun had just begun to peak over the mountains after a long cold night.
I love Tracie and she will be one of the first people I want to see when I join her someday in heaven.
Jesus Christ offers us, his brothers and sisters all that He has. Everything good and beautiful. Love. Joy. Foregiveness. In return, all He asks is for us to give him all of our sorrow, all of our sin, all of our suffering and all of our temptation. We just need to ask.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment